March 26, 2011

THAT WAS FUN

Wow, what a game. A bit closer than I would've liked, and it should've been played in the Elite Eight or Final Four. But for a start to finish barnburner, it was hard to beat. Now, it's on the next one against UNC.

I figured Kentucky's defense would be solid, but damn, that was good. Josh Harrellson continues to force his way into our hearts, not unlike how one would enter a bathroom stall as halftime punishment. I honestly cannot get enough of watching Jorts play right now, and the line drive off of Jared Sullinger's chest added another chapter to his story, and probably sealed his legend at UK. The guy simply refuses to lose, and you can tell it has rubbed off on the rest of the team. I could think of different ways to say the same things over and over again, but it would get cheesy and run a bit long, so I'll sum it up with this: if UK wins it all, I am very likely to cry tears of joy and pride over how far Josh has come this season. I'm sure he realizes how proud he is making the BBN, but it is still hard to put into words. Hopefully I can find a way to sum it up in the next few days.

As for the rest of the team, I'm glad guys have finally decided to step up. I've never been happier to be wrong about something. Brandon Knight continues to amaze me; he has had a huge impact on every game UK has played in the tournament. Not too long ago, I felt pretty good about him returning to school for one more year, due to the likelihood of him being able to graduate as a sophomore. But with the way his play has skyrocketed, I couldn't blame him a bit for leaving after this year, as long as he gets fitted for a ring before he goes.

Now, about tomorrow's game. Early lines have the Cats favored by 1.5, but we all know that Cal is gonna be in his team's ear about the December loss in Chapel Hill. Carolina dominated Kentucky inside in that game, but that isn't gonna be the case this time. The only player I am worried about is John Henson, and that is because he is so long. The Harrellson-Zeller matchup will be a wash, and I believe team defense can keep Harrison Barnes in check. If UK keeps Henson contained, especially on the offensive glass, they win this game. Although, Kentucky's guard/wing play trumps Carolina's, so it may just come down to which team wants it more. Something tells me that team is Kentucky. Josh Harrellson will not let this team go home yet.

Cats by 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment